Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Mini Update

Quite a few of you are asking for updates on a few items... I figured it would just be easier to post them here.

On the heart front: I'm waiting for the results of all my tests (which will be back in a week or two). Then, as my cardiologist has informed me, he will tell me when I can go back to work. Pretty much his words, actually. I've been poked, prodded and almost passed out on a treadmill twice. I'm still huffing and puffing when I go up the stairs and every morning fluid rattles around my lungs until I get moving. My feet are perpetually cold and although my nails aren't blue, they aren't pink either. My favourite part occurred during my echocardiogram:

Tech: "Oh... Umm... do you have any more tests today?"
Me: "No."
Tech: "Ok... Do you see... [the cardiologist] today?"
Me: "No. Why?"
Tech: "When do you see... [the cardiologist]?"
Me: "In two weeks. Why?"
Tech: "Oh Ok."
[Big silence]

So, that should give me something to obsess over for the next few weeks.

On the sister in law front, the majority of those who took the poll suggested I let karma deal with it, which is pretty much what I did later on in the day. I end ran her by arranging transportation with a friend and informed the brother in law we would be picking it up after nine. Which they did, and kindly installed it in our bedroom (with the brother in law's help I will add). We now have the furniture and I won't be dealing with her again, I can promise you that.

So, that's about it. I'm keeping busy by hugging the stuffing out of my almost three year old son and planning my summer garden.

It's all good...

No comments: