Thursday, June 10, 2010

He's Growing up Fast

I can't believe how much Quinn has grown, especially in the last little while.

I know, I know... he's four. Daily he still shocks me with how much he has developed and how fast he is learning new things. Right now, we can:

- Read over 50+ words (It's probably a lot more)
- Count to infinity by ones
- Count to 100 by tens
- Recite most of Dr. Suess by heart
- Understand number relations (Ie: 3+3, 4+2 and 5+1 all equal six)
- Run, jump, skip, hop, catch a ball, kick a ball
- Listen for the "music" in everything (and make music with everything)
- Sing a multitude of songs a capella
- Recognize, spell and try to write his name

...and the list goes on and on and on. I forgot to mention his counting in Spanish and Manderin as well. French just upsets him, for some reason and German he just laughs at. All in due time.


Hot, Happy and Hydrating
Hot, happy and hydrating after a week with gastro (4 yrs)

One of the skills we are currently working on is learning to ride a bike. He will do it for a little while, but he gets tired. Slowly, he is getting it; he just has to learn to keep going!


Rockin' the Bike
I has a bike! (4yrs)

The biggest milestone occurred May 27, when we visited his new school for Kindergarten orientation. My baby? Going to school in September? How the hell is that possible??

He had a fantastic time whilst Mommy clicked away on the camera and tried not to cry. We got to meet all the teachers and went around to a few stations to see what the activities and learning style areall about. So far, so good. He responded well to his teachers (they all seem to gravitate towards him, which is nice) and helped the other kids where he was clearly ahead. My biggest challenge, I am sorry to say, will be keeping him engaged as I know he will bore easily. Since French Immersion is not an option until Grade 1, I'm going to have to fill his time with music lessons and activities.

Because that's how I roll...
Because that's how I roll... Quinn workin' the playdough.

Sigh... this summer will be a bittersweet time, methinks. On one hand, I am overjoyed that he will be moving on to other things. On the other, my little Frog isn't a baby any longer.

"While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt

No comments: